BioConnection B.V. is an independent Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) located at the Pivot Park campus in Oss, The Netherlands. We support our clients – international (bio)pharmaceutical companies – by offering state of the art GMP manufacturing services and other related services (e.g. release testing, stability studies, QP release). Thereto we have a state of the art GMP facility for the automated fill & finish of sterile injectable drug products for liquid and lyophilized presentations, in vials and syringes.
Our facility has an excellent manufacturing and regulatory track record (including EMA and US FDA), and therefore we are able to manufacture clinical as well as commercial drug products for our clients. We bring value to our clients through our expertise, facility, focus, quality, strong program management, and most importantly through our customer orientation and ‘can do’ mentality. BioConnection is a rapidly growing company, currently expanding its manufacturing capacity with a new production line, which will be ready for GMP production in Q2 2021.
The Business Development (BD) team within BioConnection is responsible for acquiring new manufacturing projects from the market. BD builds up a strong relationship with our clients, thereby enabling projects to develop from the early clinical stages towards the late stages and finally commercialization.
We are very much looking forward to a colleague who has the knowledge, experience, attitude and drive to acquire new projects for her/his clients and contribute to our further growth.
Business Development Manager
- Pro-actively attract new opportunities in the market and transform these into leads.
- Write commercial and convincing quotations to turn leads into new clinical or commercial projects in close cooperation with internal stakeholders/experts, i.e. Operations, Quality, Program Management.
- Acts as a focal point for clients from early lead to commercial contract.
- Maintain a strong relationship with your clients and guide/retain them through subsequent GMP clinical and commercial manufacturing phases at BioConnection to increase your sales volume.
- Represent the company at international conferences and congresses (Europe, Israel, US).
- Chair productive technical meetings with new clients at our facility.
- Observe and understand market and industry trends and share them within the company.
- The role requires travelling.
- You report to the Director Program Management and Business Development.
- Understanding our market position and eager to pro-actively generate new leads.
- Customer oriented, acting as a key person between clients and the company.
- Creative and capable of generating solutions for clients that match with the capabilities of the company.
- Warm and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Capable of working independently and under time pressure.
- Team player; people person; good networker.
- Commercial attitude so you can extend your client’s program by generating more projects.
- Capable to maintain a ‘helicopter view’ and do not get lost in details (leave that to the expert team members).
- Strong nature to develop and sustain trust based professional relationships with clients, internal, and external stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of (bio)pharmaceutical CMC processes preferentially on drug product manufacture of parenterals.
- Experience in writing quotations and establishing commercial contracts.
- Minimum: Bachelor in Life Sciences, Chemistry, Pharmacy and five years of relevant working experience within the Biotech/Pharma service industry.
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of Dutch is preferable to facilitate an efficient cooperation with other departments. .
- Having a natural charm and/or sense of humor will be appreciated to sometimes help put things into perspective when ‘the going gets tough’ during business (contract) discussions.
- A salary in accordance to market standards and a company and personal performance oriented bonus.
- We encourage our employees to continuously develop themselves, therefore we offer an annual learning budget.
- 30 days of leave when you have a full-time position.
- Pension provisions for your retirement phase of life.
- Possibility to partially work from home
If you are enthusiastic about this job and recognize, understand and are able to take on the challenges that go with a young, enthusiastic, growing and entrepreneurial company then we are looking for you! Please send your motivation and curriculum vitae to our HR Manager Dana Kalasek at firstname.lastname@example.org citing BC2104
More info on BioConnection
A first impression of BioConnection’s state of the art facility is obtained by following this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcqkBKr6o7A
The progress on our currently built 2nd production line – ready for GMP production in Q2 2021 – can be followed via https://expansion.bioconnection.eu/
An artist impression of this new line can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/5qQJIAaZbOw